Would love to know your thoughts on This Granola Mama. Follow me or comment on a post to let me know.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

It's Been A While...

Hi, Howdy & Hello!

I know -- it's been a while, but I do have a couple of good excuses.  Really!  I had my sweet baby C the beginning of April.  :-)  Trying to figure out how to do life with three that are 3 and under has been a challenge.  On top of that, we moved two states east.  Well, to be more accurate, the kids and I moved two states east two weeks ago.  My husband had to stay behind to finish up his job and finish packing up the house.  Hmmm...the pervasive question the past two weeks has been, "Who has the more difficult job?  Me, with the three munchkins, single-parenting it in Arkansas or him packing up the house?"  The verdict?  It's a toss up.

I've been trying to figure out how we've been frugal in this move.  I think the biggest thing is that we've downsized somewhat.  I mean, really, who wants to move all of that junk?  So we had a garage sale, and the leftovers we were able to donate to the autism awareness group in town that was gathering things for their own garage sale.  It felt good to let those things go...and I'm hoping to release even more as we unpack! 

Since I've been out of pocket, I've continued to make yogurt and the Artisan Bread in 5...I haven't done much else (in the way of new cooking ideas).  I did, however make a super yummy dessert the other night for company.  It was a trifle -- layers of chocolate pudding, triple chocolate brownies, whipped cream and toffee pieces.  If you're a fan of Sandra Lee's semi-homemade, this fits right into that mindset.  And W loved it! 

He asked me, "Mommy, what IS this???" 
I told him it was trifle.  He replied, with great drama as he is known to do, "Try the floor is my favorite!"  Three is so very much fun!

I will try to blog a little more regularly about a wider variety of things -- if for no other reason than I love to learn and try new things.  Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment