Would love to know your thoughts on This Granola Mama. Follow me or comment on a post to let me know.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Menu Monday

I've been inspired by other bloggers to make this a Monday staple.  For the last couple of months I've done my menu plan for the entire month -- I know, rather crazy, but it was a chore that just took sooooo much time each week that I quit doing it.  5:00 would roll around and A would look at me and say, "What's for dinner?"  Then I'd get offended because, after all, wasn't he capable of cooking as well?  Craziness, I know.  Actually, it was me just being defensive because I hadn't done what I felt my job was. 

So, in November, after looking at our finances, I decided that I was going to give myself a challenge -- how little could I spend for the three weeks that we would be home?  My goal was to keep it under $100 for our family of 4+.  I did it, too, in a matter of speaking.  I kind of forgot that we were spending $15-$20 a week JUST on milk and yogurt.  So, outside of that dairy, I was successful!  ;-)  (Notice the were spending, that's a post for another day, and I'm so very excited to share it!)  After the success of having those three weeks planned, I decided to do it again in December.

All of that to say, here's my menu for the week.  I can't believe how much stress it's taken off of me to have the whole month planned out!  (I make my menu based on what's in the pantry, and I still buy what's on sale at the grocery store - so I have it in my pantry for the next month's planning!)  Right now, I'm only going to share my dinner menu -- lunches are a variety of things since I'm staying home with the munchkins and A takes his lunch to work.  Maybe this will help someone else to conquer this area...or at least give you some different ideas for dinner!

Monday -- Crockpot Chili with cheese & tortilla chips
Tuesday -- Chili with cornbread (The recipe on the Aunt Jemima's cornmeal package is super yummy, especially when you make it in two pie plates that have hot shortening in them when you pour in the batter!!!)
Wednesday -- BBQ bone-in Chicken Bake with hashbrowns
Thursday -- Chicken Quesadillas (made with the leftover chicken from Wednesday)
Friday -- Crockpot Potato Soup & cornbread
Saturday -- leftovers
Sunday -- Crockpot Roast & Potatoes & Carrots & Onions (excuse me while I wipe my mouth...)

Y'all have a blessed week!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Carrie! It feels great to take charge, right? I will be following you to see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete