Would love to know your thoughts on This Granola Mama. Follow me or comment on a post to let me know.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Menu Monday -- please ignore the calendar! :-)

It's Menu Monday on Tuesday!  A feverish 2 year old adjusts all plans, so we'll just roll with it.  In my last Menu Monday post, I talked about planning for a month, this week it's all about being flexible!  The lovely roast for Sunday didn't get done for a variety of reasons, so that adjusts the menu a bit, and ground beef that was in the fridge nicely "aged" in the refrigerator, so it HAD to be cooked yesterday.  It was 3+ pounds of ground beef, so we're going to adjust the menu to fit with that.  The beautiful thing is that I have a skillet that's large enough to cook it all up together!  And, since the only way I cook ground beef as a base is with onion, garlic and S&P, it worked out famously.  I'll just pull out what I need for each meal.  (I LOVE time savers like that!)
  • Monday -- Beef Stroganoff 
    • We grew up knowing this as stroganoff...kind of a poor man's stroganoff, I guess.  It's ground beef with Cream of Mushroom soup & milk with sour cream stirred in at the end all over rice.  I have no idea why my mom called it stroganoff...whatever it should be called, it is the BEST comfort food in the world...let me just wipe my mouth.  Too bad there were no leftovers.   *sigh*
  • Tuesday -- Spaghetti & french bread
    • My husband would eat this every day!  I, on the other hand, eat it to live, I don't live to eat it.  *smile*  If I can make it to the grocery store this morning, I might make an amazing french bread to go with it.  Mix together 1 stick butter softened, 1 brick cream cheese softened, garlic powder to taste and slather on the loaf of french bread cut longways.  Place on a cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.  I like to throw the broiler on for just a bit at the end if it has not browned up nicely.  Figure friendly?  Not a chance!  But super duper yummy!!!
  • Wednesday -- Cheeseburger Soup & sourdough bread 
    • I've been wanting to try this after a friend posted she was making some.  However, I haven't seen her recipe yet, so I found a crockpot recipe online.  Crockpot -- oh yes!  Here's the link for the recipe.  http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/09/crockpot-cheeseburger-soup-recipe.html  I'll probably tweak it a bit...and I probably WON'T use 24 oz of Velveeta!  That's a lot of Velveeta.  I feel my arteries clogging up as we speak....
  • Thursday -- Waffles & Eggs
    • I love doing breakfast for dinner.  It's an easy go-to meal for us, particularly since, when I find eggs at 99c a dozen, I stock up!  I think we only have 3.5 dozen in the fridge right now, and I'm feeling like we're getting low!  Oh, that we could have our own chickens!  Dadgum city ordinance, but that's another post....
  • Friday -- Out
    • As much as it pains me to type it, we'll be eating out.  I'd much rather be cooking, but it will just make life a lot easier.
  • Saturday & Sunday -- Eating with the Fam, so I don't have to plan!  :-)
May y'all have a wonderful week!  I'm off to read a book to my munchkins and then head for the grocery store for a few items.  I think I'll be making some yogurt today...  It's a good day for yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment