Would love to know your thoughts on This Granola Mama. Follow me or comment on a post to let me know.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Why Do I Do This?

The tagline on this blog is about moving into a healthier, more frugal lifestyle. 
That's all well and good, but why? 
What is the point? 

We live in a society of "eat, drink & be merry"
with no thought to the consequences. 
As a family, we refuse to live with that mentality.

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." 

How does being frugal and healthier play into that? 
All we have and are comes from God, Yahweh, Maker of heaven and earth.
We are merely stewards.

For a long time, I lived my life out of obligation -- doing what was right because it was the right thing to do.  To be accepted.  That was a hard place to live. 
It gives rise to pride and to resentment.
Neither is very pretty nor very comfortable.

Then one day, something clicked.

What a beautiful click that was! 
I finally felt in the core of my being that Jesus truly and actually loved me. 
Me. 

I had heard it all my life. 
Known it in my head. 
Had a conversion experience where I received Jesus as my Lord and Savior.
Somewhere in there, though, I never really got that He loved me.
Desperately. 
Passionately. 
Loved. 

Me.

And that changed everything. 
I do what I do because I love Him
For real.
Not because I feel I have to in order to be accepted.
I love Him because He first loved me.

So...living frugally and getting healthy is a way that I can show Him
that I value what He's given me.
I want to do the best I can for Him because I love Him,
and I want to make Him smile.

And I know that I do, because He loves me, too.   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment