Would love to know your thoughts on This Granola Mama. Follow me or comment on a post to let me know.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Menu Monday & Musings

It's February.  It's unseasonably warm in our neck of the woods.  What in the world do I cook???  It looks like this week will be a repeat of several days from last week because some of my days were just growing baby days, AND we made a last-minute whirlwind trip to Arkansas.  Is it really Monday already again?

Just to give you a look ahead to an upcoming post -- my wonderful Daddy, who was the first person I ever saw make yogurt, can't leave well enough alone, either!  Hee hee!  (Goes to show, I come by it honestly!)  Anyway...he took the yogurt recipe that I've been using and tweaked it.  He tweaked it good, and the kids and I LOVE it.  Over the weekend, he had to make more because we just about cleaned him out -- it was super duper thick, practically sliceable, just like I like it.  AND, he sweetened & flavored it as he was making it.  All that to say, be on the lookout for a post about the tweaking needed of the original recipe to make your own vanilla yogurt...vanilla Greek yogurt.  You heard me right, folks.  Your own Greek yogurt at a fraction of the cost.  Woohoo!

Back to Menu Monday.  *sigh*  I've discovered that if something doesn't get done during the day, it's NOT going to happen in the evening.  I'm down to five weeks-ish to go til this munchkin makes her debut.  Time's a wastin', and I just seem to be hanging out here growing a baby.  I know there are days when Hubby must think to himself  (yes, think, he's MUCH to wise to say it out loud!), "What did she do today???"  If he ever had the audacity to verbally pose that question in my hearing, the response would pretty much be, "I grew a lung.  How about you?"  And really, what could he ever say to come back at that? 

Ok. Now, back to Menu Monday.  Really.

Monday
  • oatmeal
  • cheese & apple/orange slices
  • quesadilla & nachos 
Tuesday
  • oatmeal
  • burritos & mandarin oranges
  • spaghetti & homemade breadsticks
Wednesday
  • breakfast cookie (regular or chocolate...haven't decided yet)
  • PB&J and apple slices
  • grilled burgers & veggies
Thursday
  • breakfast cookie
  • homemade calzone and apple/orange slices
  • homemade calzone
Friday
  • breakfast cookie
  • leftovers
  • tortilla pizzas
Saturday
  • breakfast cookies
  • pancakes
  • hmmm....we'll just have to see what sounds yummy this evening
Sunday
  • breakfast cookies
  • leftovers
  • stroganoff
Y'all have a fabulous week!  Looking forward to making the Greek yogurt and sharing the whole process with y'all!  Woohoo!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment